St. Michael in Old Town has proudly served Chicagoans since 1852!
St. Michael in Old Town was started by the Diocese of Chicago to serve the many German immigrants who had come to Chicago. As these immigrants settled in Chicago, they moved into the area north of the Chicago River known today as “Old Town.” The
Archdiocese authorized the founding of St. Michael Parish in 1852.
We are proud of the Parish’s rich and storied history and of the Redemptorists who serve at the Parish. The Parish’s exciting past serves as inspiration today as it continues its tradition of providing spiritual enrichment to its parishioners and visitors.